In healthcare, quality is the great differentiator that enhances peace of mind and facilitates positive outcomes. As your healthcare provider, you entrust us with your greatest asset - your health. That trust is one we take seriously.
Our physicians subscribe to the highest standards of care for our patients and continually monitor our practices against the best practices in our specialty.
Our practice is committed to excellence as both an expectation and a distinguishing characteristic. CMC prides itself on receiving designations and accreditations that signify excellence in virtually every aspect of medical care and customer service.
Following is a list of recent Carolinas HealthCare distinctions that validate our stature as one of the highest quality healthcare providers in the region.
- National Research Corporation named Carolinas Medical Center Charlotte's Preferred Hospital for the 13th year.
- J.D. Power and Associates recognized six CHS hospitals with the Outstanding Inpatient Experience award (2011) and the Outstanding Emergency Department Experience award (2010).
- In 2011, U.S. News & World Report listed CMC as “Best Hospital” for Orthopaedics and listed Levine Children's Hospital as a “Best Children’s Hospital” for Nephrology (kidney treatment). It also gave CMC-NorthEast a “Gold Plus Achievement Award” for its Stroke program.
- Hospitals and Health Networks recognized CHS with a Most Wired HealthCare System award for the eighth year.
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer gave four CHS hospitals an Outstanding Achievement Award (2011) (CMC, CMC-Mercy, CMC-Pineville and CMC-University).
- Professional Research Associates recognized CHS hospitals with Top Performer Awards, 5 Star Awards, 4 Star Awards and Achievement Awards (2011).
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance awarded 33 CHS practices with Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition (2011).
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association recognized four CHS hospitals (CMC, CMC-NorthEast, CMC-Mercy and AnMed Health) with “Blue Distinction” awards for Bariatric Surgery, Cardiac Care, Transplants, Knee and Hip Replacement and Complex and Rare Cancers.
- HealthGrades recognized four CHS facilities with the Patient Safety Excellence Award and the Distinguished Hospitals Award for Clinical Excellence (2011).
- North Carolina Nurses Association gave two CHS hospitals the Hallmarks Healthy Workplaces Award (2011) (CMC-Mercy, Post Anesthesia Care Unit and CMC-Huntersville, Surgery Center).
- Charlotte Parent Magazine named CHS a Top 40 Family-Friendly Employer for the fifth year.
- The Department of Health and Human Services awarded CMC-NorthEast with a 2010 Medal of Honor for Organ Donation.
- More doctors would recommend CMC physicians for care than any other physicians in the region, according to the Charlotte Magazine Top Doctors issue (2009).
- American College of Cardiology Foundation recognized CMC-Mercy with a Silver Performance Award (2009).
- American Heart and Stroke Association recognized CMC with a Silver Performance Award (2008).
- The 2008 Business North Carolina Best Doctors survey shows that more CMC doctors were named best in their specialty in a survey of their peers.
- NeuroSource ranked CMC Neuroscience and Spine Institute in the top 10 percent nationally.
- Levine Children's Hospital was designated United Resource Network Neonatal Center of Excellence.
- First North Carolina Hospital to receive Chest Pain Center Accreditation.